Authors Posts by Francesca Ceciarini

Francesca Ceciarini

2485 POSTS 0 COMMENTS

by -

Swansea boss Paul Clement hopes to keep his star, Fernando Llorente, despite Chelsea interest in this January transfer window:

“He played very well today,” the ex Chelsea and Ancelotti assistant  said of the striker, whose brace at Anfield took his tally to seven in the last ten league games.

“Am I afraid to lose him? I want to keep him here and the reason I want to keep him here is what he showed today.

“I think his performance was very good. The first time I was involved in this team was Crystal Palace and he showed all the qualities he had in that game.

“If you get the right kind of service into him he is a goalscorer but you have to give him service.”

 

by -

Incredible defeat for Liverpool today at Anfield, with the Reds that lost 3-2 against the bottom of the table team, Swansea.

Chelsea target Fernando Llorente scored a brace in five minutes in the beginning of the second half, Firmino equalised with another brace between 55′ and 69′ but Sigurdsson scored the winner at 74′, a goal that meant 0 points for the Reds.

The Klopp side is third for the moment, with 45 points, the same than Spurs, that have to play Manchester City in some minutes: Citizens got 42 points, and should they win they will reach Pochettino’s side and Liverpool at 45, so Chelsea and his fans must cheer the Guardiola‘s guys to keep all their rivals at 45, 7 points that can become 10 with a win against Hull City at Stamford Bridge tomorrow.

Should Spurs win, they will go to 48 points and can keep a 7 points gap from Chelsea or even reduce it in case the Blues won’t win tomorrow.

by -

Atletico Madrid star Yannick Ferreira Carrasco‘s agent revealed that Manchester United and Chelsea would have placed a couple of stunning € 86m ( £ 70m) offers for his player.

The news was reported by Spanish media Don Balón.
Christophe Henrotay has also explained that he has notified the Spanish giants of these offers and that there is also interest from Bayern Munich, Juventus and Manchester City.
Carrasco signed a new deal in the Spanish capital last October which included the new buy-out clause with Atleti seemingly resigned to losing him sooner rather than later.

by -
begovic

Bournemouth placed a £ 10m offer for Chelsea second keeper Asmir Begovic and Blues boss Antonio Conte admitted the club and him are considering it:

Asmir is an important player for me, on and off the pitch, he knows that. It’s true there is this offer, the club and I are evaluating this offer, it’s right to find the right solution. We are evaluting this, the club and Asmir knows my position, that is that he is an important player for me.

Speaking about Chelsea third goalkeeper Eduardo, that can become the second one should Begovic move from the Blues in this transfer window, Conte said:

“He is a great sign for us, for sure, he arrived to be the third goalkeeper, the positions are very clear in my mind and my team, he is working very well, he’s helping me, Thibaut and Asmir, he helps the goalkeepers coaches. Now he is the third keeper, for Sunday we have this situation for sure, then we will see.

by -

During today’s press conference to preview Hull City clash Chelsea boss Antonio Conte was asked, again, about Diego Costa’s future:

“I think now it’s important to be concentrated on the present, not the future, we have to be strong now, then we see. He is not distracted, he is a good player, a good person, he just missed one game, the last one, but now he’s ready to come back with us. He’s back to fight until the end, to fight to win the title.

The Spanish striker was officially out last week for back pain but was also the protagonist of many speculations of a possible move to China after a huge offer came to him:

“Diego is available, he trained very well, he’s fit, he doesn’t have pain in his back, so he is available,” the Italian coach revealed in the beginning of his press conference.

“Sunday and Monday he trained with a fitness coach to join us again on Tuesday, he restarted to train and he did it very well, to prepare his coming back on Tuesday, he did it only to prepare his body to have a good session on Tuesday.”

Conte was asked if he had a private chat with Costa to discuss his situation:

“I have chats with my players every week, single meetings and all together.

“I think Diego wants to stay at Chelsea, he’s very happy with us, this idea [to move] is very far in his mind, he’s happy to stay here. I don’t see any problem about him.

“After the game against Leicester I told you the truth[ about Costa], I read a lot of speculations about Diego, the most important thing now is that he trains with us. Diego is an important player for us and we all know this.

“I will see on Sunday if I will start him against Hull City.”

by -
Diego Costa shows his passion celebrating the winner against WBA © Francesca Ceciarini

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte spoke before Hull City game claiming that all players in the squad are available for Sunday’s game against the Tigers.

The Blues manager started speaking about Diego Costa, who was officially out last week for back pain but was also the protagonist of many speculations of a possible move to China after a huge offer came to him:

“Diego is available, he trained very well, he’s fit, he doesn’t have pain in his back, so he is available,” the Italian coach revealed in the beginning of his press conference.

“Sunday and Monday he trained with a fitness coach to join us again on Tuesday, he restarted to train and he did it very well, to prepare his coming back on Tuesday, he did it only to prepare his body to have a good session on Tuesday.”

The Italian boss also revalead that all the players are available for Sunday’s clash and he has no injuries concerns.

Conte was asked if he had a private chat with Costa to discuss his situation:

“I have chats with my players every week, single meetings and all together.

“I think Diego wants to stay at Chelsea, he’s very happy with us, this idea [to move] is very far in his mind, he’s happy to stay here. I don’t see any problem about him.

“After the game against Leicester I told you the truth[ about Costa], I read a lot of speculations about Diego, the most important thing now is that he trains with us. Diego is an important player for us and we all know this.

“I will see on Sunday if I will start him against Hull City.

Should the Spanish striker play on Sunday it would 100th app for him with Chelsea:

“It would be a great achievement for him, I hope to celebrate this with a win,” Conte commented on this.

Asked if Costa is the best striker he has worked with, the Italian manager replied:

“It’s always difficult to say that a player is better than another one, for sure Diego is a really good striker.”

Bournemouth placed a 10m offer for Chelsea second keeper Asmir Begovic and Conte admitted the club and him are considering it:

“Asmir is an important player for me, on and off the pitch, he knows that. It’s true there is this offer, the club and I are evaluating this offer, it’s right to find the right solution. We are evaluting this, the club and Asmir knows my position, that is that he is an important player for me.

Asked about who will he choose for his attack since all of his players are in good form, he said:

“It’s not easy to make a decision at the moment, it’s not easy because all of my attacking players are in a good form. It’s good when you have many players to choose, maybe I sleep one hour less to take the best decision, I know that I have to pick three players, if someone stays out is not for punishing him or other reasons, I also consider who is the opponent, for me it’s not easy to take the best decision.

Conte was also asked if Nathan Ake came back to stay or if he was called back from Bournemouth to be sold like Patrick Bamford, who moved to Middlesbrough a couple of days ago:

“He came back with us because I evaluated our situation and I think he is a good strengthening for us, I think he improved a lot in this one year and half where he played more, he has been working with us for two weeks, he is starting to go in our idea of football, I am pleased to help him.

Conte was asked, again, about Diego Costa’s future:

“I think now it’s important to be concentrated on the present, not the future, we have to be strong now, then we see. He is not distracted, he is a good player, a good person, he just missed one game, the last one, but now he’s ready to come back with us. He’s back to fight until the end, to fight to win the title.

Speaking about Chelsea third goalkeeper Eduardo, that can become the second one should Begovic move from the Blues in this transfer window, Conte said:

“He is a great sign for us, for sure, he arrived to be the third goalkeeper, the positions are very clear in my mind and my team, he is working very well, he’s helping me, Thibaut and Asmir, he helps the goalkeepers coaches. Now he is the third keeper, for Sunday we have this situation for sure, then we will see.

Former Dutch striker Marco Van Basten has joined FIFA executive board and proposed to change some football playing rules, like offside, that he wanted to eliminate:

“I don’t like this suggestion, I think if you start to change a lot of rules is not good, because football is this. This rules make football very attractive, football is football, I don’t like ideas taken from other sports.

The Italian manager revealed also which is the challenge that expexcts his team in the Hull City game:

“Our challenge with Hull is to keep the right concentration. This kind of game are really important. For me Hull City is a good team, they played a great game against Bournemouth, they changed the coach and this usually brings motivation to the players, we need to play 100% to beat them.”

 

by -

According to Sportsmail Chelsea turned down a £ 10m offer from Bournemouth for their second goalkeeper Asmir Begovic.

The Blues didn’t consider the bid satisfying, as they aim to obtain £ 12m from the Bosnian stopper.

Furthermore,  Chelsea will not let Begovic go though without having a suitable replacement as they pursue for a league and cup double.

Their third goalkeeper, 34-year-old Portugal international Eduardo Carvalho,  has yet to make a first team appearance and would like another in place before selling Begovic, who didn’t have much playing time this season but was an important substitute for Thibaut Courtois last year when the Belgian was out for almost four months with an ankle injury.

 

by -

Ex Manchester United and Liverpool midfielder Paul Ince shared his opinion about a Diego Costa’s potential move to China:

“You also have Diego Costa at Chelsea. He’s scoring goals and enjoying his football, yet he’s still open to leaving for China,” Ince wrote in his blog for Paddy Power.

“Why? £2m a month tax free is an obvious attraction, but that doesn’t substitute for winning medals and performing with the very elite in your game. That’s just pure greed.

“Whether it’s now or at of the season that isn’t the point. Costa is 28 years old. He could play at Chelsea for the next two years, earn good money, and still go to China when he’s 30. Carlos Tevez has just made the switch and he’s 32.”

 

by -

Chelsea U18 qualified for FA Youth Cup fifth round after beating Birmingham City 5-0 tonight.

The goals were scored by Mason Mount ( 37′, 45+1, 62′) Cole Dasilva (55′) Reece James (85′).

They will now host Sheffield Wednesday in the last-16 this Monday 23 January at Aldershot Town at 7.05 pm.

BIRMINGHAM CITY  U18-  Adam Siviter, Louis Yuill (Keiron Dawes 82), Matthew Timms, Olly Mulders (c), Cameron Ebbutt, Geraldo Bajrami, Tai-Reece Chisholm, Charlie Lakin, Ronan Hale (Tyrell Hamilton h/t), Odin Bailey, Leo Brown (Jordan Clarke 15).

Unused Subs: Max Beardmore, Jack Cancannon

CHELSEA U18 - Jamie Cumming; Marc Guehi, Richard Nartey, Trevoh Chalobah; Dujon Sterling, Mason Mount (c) (Reece James 66), Jacob Maddox, Cole Dasilva; George McEachran (Martell Taylor-Crossdale 61), Callum Hudson-Odoi (Harvey St Clair 74), Ike Ugbo.

Unused Subs: Jared Thompson, Josh Grant

by -
Diego Costa shows his passion celebrating the winner against WBA © Francesca Ceciarini

Chelsea striker Diego Costa is in the middle of a transfer market saga after receiving a couple of stunning offers from China even if, officially, he was dropped for Leicester clash and trained alone for a week because of back pain.

The Spanish forward came back to train with the rest of the squad today and posted this picture on his Instagram profile to share his joy:

Schermata 01-2457772 alle 19.40.24

 

RANDOM POSTS

Gary Cahill, who celebrated his five-year anniversary as a Chelsea player this week, spoke ahead of today's home clash against Hull City. "This weekend will be difficult...