Chelsea Football Club have submitted a planning application to increase Stamford Bridge into a 60,000-seat stadium.
Current Stamford Bridge capacity is 41,600 seat and the Blues are planning to boost that figure to 60,000 seat. If the plan changes will be accepted and implemented the stadium become the fourth biggest stadium in London behind the Emirates, Wembley and Tottenham’s new place.
The information at Chelsea’s official website about the new stadium plans are:
The main details of the application are:
- Stadium seating capacity to expand from 41,600 to 60,000 spectators
- An outstanding view of the stadium from every seat
- An arena designed to create an exciting atmosphere
- Direct access to and from Fulham Broadway Station, making travel more efficient
- Stadium facilities improved for every area
Now the club’s application will now be examined by the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham. Their statement read:
“A planning application for a new stadium at Stamford Bridge with an expanded seating capacity has been submitted,”
“This follows a successful consultation process during which we received very helpful feedback.”