Tags Posts tagged with "clyne"

clyne

by -

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp claims to be positive before Chelsea clash despite his team´s bad run in the last week: in just seven days the Reds lost three important games at home, the first one in the Premier League with Swansea – that was sitting bottom of the table before that match- then they lost to Southampton in the second leg of the EFL Cup semifinal, losing the chance to face Manchester United at Wembley in one month, and last Saturday they were knocked out from FA Cup by Wolverhampton ( that now will face Chelsea in fifth round),

“It’s an interesting sign of life that it can change in one month,” he said ahead of the visit of Antonio Conte’s table-toppers.

“But, of course my job here is really to put out the emotion when I judge situations.

“After a bad game, I cannot say ‘now we have to get rid of him and change everything’.

“In this moment we need, especially, as a team, to have faith, belief and all that stuff—that’s the main thing in the job: to stay calm and make the right decisions.

“We lost a few games we should have won and I think a lot of people think in this moment it could be difficult for Liverpool, and it is difficult, no doubt about this, but possible.

“The last week we have lost three home games and that feels less than average, although three different competitions is better than all in one competition.

“It’s all about point of view and how you want to see it. If you only take these three games and say ‘everything is rubbish’, I cannot change it.

“But for us it’s important that we build on the good things.

“I really think we should try everything to make the best of the base we created until now.

“Stay positive. There is no reason for anything else. Absolutely not. It will help a lot against Chelsea.”

Klopp also admitted to have a couple of injury concerns for this game:

“Ejaria got a knock in the first half [against Wolves]. At half-time he got treatment [and he said] it was good. Now he’s out for a while. [The syndesmosis] is a ligament between the shin bone and the [ankle]. It’s really painful.”

“Clyne made two running sessions to see if he could cope with the pain. I saw him yesterday and the thumb was very up, so that’s good”.

by -
Clyne has been a regular starter for the Saints this season

Nathaniel Clyne has spoken about a potential transfer away from Southampton by saying he is happy on the south coast.

Clyne, who has impressed at Southampton this season, is a target for both Chelsea and Manchester United this summer, according to reports and has looked up until today a near certainty to join the list of good players that have left St Mary’s for bigger clubs. However, Clyne is quoted in the Manhester Evening News as claiming to be content where he is.

“I am enjoying my football for Southampton, playing week-in, week-out and it is an up-and-coming club. I am happy playing for Southampton and happy to stay at Southampton as well,” says the full-back.

The 23-year-old’s current contract runs out at the end of next season, and a new one is being talked about. He continues:

“My agent is negotiating, so I will just leave it with my agent and I am just going to concentrate on playing my football.”

Both Chelsea and Manchester United are keen to strengthen at the back and Clyne would be a good addition to either side, should he leave.

by -

Chelsea transfer target Nathaniel Clyne has been given an ultimatum by manager Ronald Koeman.

The Southampton boss has given Clyne, who is yet to sign a new deal at St. Marys, a ten-day deadline to decide his future, following continued delays on negotiations.

However, reports in multiple newspapers say that Clyne is looking for a move away from the south coast, with the defender’s heart already set on a move to Manchester United.

Chelsea and Everton are also interested in the England international.

The 23 year-old right-back has been in fantastic form this season, averaging the third-most tackles per match, 3.5, of any Premier League player. At the same time, he has netted twice in 31 league appearances, as part of a Saints defence boasting the tightest defence in the Premier League.

by -
Clyne has been a regular starter for the Saints this season

Nathanial Clyne has been given an ultimatum by manager Ronald Koeman, who says that he must sort out his future before the end of the current season.  

The 24-year old is reportedly a target for a host of Premier League clubs, including Chelsea and Manchester United.

His current contract runs until 2016, but Clyne is reportedly reluctant to sign a new deal as he is aware of the interest shown by other clubs. He has also said that he believes that playing in the Champions League would be the “next step” in his progression.

Saints boss Koeman, who dropped Clyne from the Southampton squad for the game against Hull last weekend, told BBC Radio Solent: “We are talking to Clyne and his agent. We can’t wait until the end of the season.

“It’s not like we need to know today or tomorrow but we are talking to them and we will try to do everything to keep the player but you need both parties for that.”

The south coast club are in no hurry to sell, but Clyne is reportedly looking for a move away. Earlier this week, he said: “flattered by the interest from the big clubs. It shows that I’m doing well and I’ve had a good season.”

He also said: “I’m definitely ambitious. Every player would love to be playing in the Champions League and winning trophies and titles. That’s what you play football for – that’s the dream.

“I think I need experience playing European football. We’re doing well with Southampton and hopefully we can get there.

“That would be great. So I’m just concentrating on Southampton. There are a few more games to play, so I’m just concentrating on getting to the fourth spot.”

 

Chelsea are reportedly preparing a bid in excess of £10 million for Tottenham Hotspur’s Danny Rose, according to the Metro.

Rose has made 31 appearances for Spurs, who Chelsea beat 2-0 in the League Cup final in at the start of March, this season and is believed to be a transfer target for Jose Mourinho this summer. If the deal does go through for the left back, it would prove to be the end for Filipe Luis’ short Chelsea career, so far a combination of substitute and cup appearances, a fast decline for a player who reached the Champions League final last season with Atletico Madrid.

Rose is also a target for Manchester City, who are seeking to rebuild their team after easily surrendering their Premier League title this season. Chelsea have recently been linked with Southampton’s Nathanial Clyne, and it is clear Mourinho has made acquiring a full-back one of his priorities in the upcoming transfer window.

Chelsea’s attempts to sign Southampton’s Nathanial Clyne are over after Manchester United reportedly agreed a deal to sign the defender.

The 24-year-old as been in superb form this season as the Saints have proven pundits and supporters wrong, the bulk of whom predicted a struggle to stay in the Premiership after selling mane of their best players in the summer. Clyne, an ever present at right-back, is expected to join those who have left St Mary’s with the only real speculation being which of England’s top clubs he will sign for once the season is finished.

Chelsea had considered Clyne to be a replacement for Filipe Luis, who many expect to leave after struggling to find a consistent place in the team after joining from Atletico Madrid last summer. However, the Metro is reporting that those ambitions are no at an end after Manchester United, who Chelsea play on Saturday evening, have beaten the Blues to Clyne’s signature, as they did with another former product of Southampton’s youth ranks, Luke Shaw. It quotes MUTV, Manchester United’s official TV channel, which made the claim last night.

by -

Nathaniel Clyne has said he is “flattered by the interest” from other top-flight clubs.

It is the latest hint from the Southampton full-back that he will leave the club in the summer.

The England international was left out of Southampton’s starting XI last weekend against Hull, despite manager Ronald Koeman saying he would be in the squad next week, and that he had just decided to rest him.

Clyne has received interest from both Chelsea and Manchester United. The Reds have had a long-standing interest in the defender, and Chelsea reportedly scouted him during the Saints’ defeat to Everton.

The Saints have offered the defender and contract extension. But Clyne, whose current deal runs until 2016, is believed to have turned it down as he is conscious of the interest from bigger clubs.

“I’m flattered by the interest from the big clubs,” said the 24-year old. “It shows I’m doing well and I’ve had a good season.

“Champions League football is everyone’s dream and hopefully we can do it for Southampton,” he said. “I am an ambitious person and I want to play Champions League football. To win the title and the FA Cup, that is what I want.”

Clyne also outlined his disappointment at being dropped on Saturday from what has been the best defence in the Premier League.

“It was a bit of a shock but there are a lot of players fighting for positions and when you are not in the team you just have to keep fighting to get back in. Right now I’m just focused on playing for Southampton. There are still lots of points to play for.”

The south coast club are in no hurry to sell, with little debt. Indeed, owner Katharina Liebherr lent the club an extra £20 million a few weeks ago. However, the Saints have recent transfer history with United – they sold fellow full-back Luke Shaw to the Reds last summer for £30 million.

 

by -

Chelsea are considering to compete with Arsenal and Manchester United respectively in the pursuit of Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin and Nathaniel Clyne this summer.

Evidence are provided by the fact the Premier League leaders scouted the pair in Saturday’s defeat at Everton.

Southampton, having already changed pretty much all its starting XI this summer getting something like more than £100m – and nevertheless succeeding in increasing their performance with new manager Koeman – will try to resist sales, but Schneiderlin has already made clear his desire to play in the Champions League next term.

as for Clyne, he will enter the final year of his contract at St Mary’s in July and initial talks over a new deal have offered no guarantees over his long-term future.

Competition to secure Schneiderlin, who has nine caps for France, will be fierce.

Ronald Koeman was intent upon building his team around the Frenchman, indicating it would take over £27m to pry him away.

Yet,  a recent dip appears to rule out a top-four finish for Southampton, and therefore doubts arise over Schneiderlin’s stay.

Tottenham and Arsenal were expected to lead the race for him, but Chelsea may now try to contrast London rivals.

 

Clyne has established himself as England’s first-choice right-back this season and he has attracted interest from Manchester United, who came close to securing the England full-back when he departed Crystal Palace in 2012.

He is only bounded until 2016 meaning Southampton may opt to consider a sale this summer rather than losing the player for free in a year’s time.

José Mourinho does not expect a summer of frantic business at Stamford Bridge, though a new £40m-a-season sponsorship deal with Yokohama Rubber would certainly enhance his requests for the duo.

RANDOM POSTS

Not only Chelsea is facing major injury problems ahead of Champions League group stage's game vs As Roma on Wednesday night. Also the Italian side will be without one of his...