Chelsea have made Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly their top target to strengthen the defense and have placed a £38m move to persuade the 25-year-old, according to SkySports.
It is understood Antonio Conte is a great admirer of the Frenchman, who has been repeatedly and heavily linked with a move to Everton earlier this week.
His agent also revealed that he won’t join Juventus, which has given a massive boost to Chelsea in their hopes of signing him this summer.
“I was in Dimaro [traditional location of Napoli’s pre-season training camp] on Saturday and we discussed a contract renewal.” Koulibaly’s agent said.
“However, we are not at the point of reaching an agreement. The desire of the player is to leave the club, not renew. We are told by the club that he is a great player, but from the renewal on offer, we don’t see this. Last year they wanted to sell him, stating he was not focused enough, but then he showed his quality.”