Tags Posts tagged with "team news"

team news

by -

Arsenal and Chelsea are still keeping tabs on Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata despite both failed to land him last summer, according to Don Balon.

The 23-year-old recently told Bild that new manager Antonio Conte placed a bid to make him the most expensive Spanish player of all time earlier in the summer, but Morata rejected the offer as he wants to succeed at Real Madrid this season.

“Chelsea showed the most interest – he claimed – Antonio Conte had already signed me for Juventus.”

“And it was a very good offer this time. I would have been the most expensive Spanish player ever.”

by -
pogba
Pogba stayed at Juventus last summer but hinted an exit soon

Manchester United manager José Mourinho tried to land Paul Pogba to Stamford Bridge when he was in charge at Chelsea, according to the player’s agent Mino Raiola.

The move was reportedly blocked as the Frenchman reached an agreement to stay another year at Juventus: “Paul could have left them last year because Mourinho really wanted him – Raiola told Rai Sport – But Juventus and I had agreement: win the league title and the Champions League, then he can go.”  

by -

Former Chelsea winger Pat Nevin had his say about Antonio Conte‘s main problem at Stamford Bridge. He claimed that the Blues’ defence has to improve in view of the next Premier League games.

“There is no hiding from the fact that losing 3-0 to Arsenal is a hard one to take for the manager, the players and of course the fans as well, – Nevin told Chelsea’s official website – It is particularly painful as Chelsea have had Arsenal under their spell for such a long time.”

“The magic wasn’t there at the Emirates and there is no option but to get back on the training ground and work out where the problems are stemming from.”

“It will not be an easy task for Antonio Conte, even if most people immediately look at the defence. When you have got into the habit of shipping goals when you didn’t used to (that is nine in four games during September) then the eyes are drawn in that direction. It is of course never that simple.”

Nevin added: “Gary Cahill knows who was at fault for the first goal against Arsenal, but what about midfielders shielding those defenders? How about strikers tracking back when a full-back runs off them and what about overall work-rate compared to the opposition? It can be one, all or a combination of the above reasons.”

“Personally, I do not think many players will have arguments about what Antonio Conte has to say this week. There have been problems, the players know this and it is his job to sort them out.”

“This could be the most difficult season for a while to gain a top-four finish in the Premier League – the Scottish ended – Even Manchester’s red team have embraced the fact you can’t have a Ferrari team without them having top-quality engines in this particular race.”

by -

Burnley centre-back Michael Keane has confirmed he’s not thinking about a possible move away from the Turf Moor as he is ‘really happy’ with the Clarets.

The defender told the Daily Telegraph: “It’s flattering when teams like that come in, but I am really happy here.”

“I won’t be looking at them in the Champions League thinking that it could have been me, because I tend to think what will be, will be – Keane added – Hopefully at some time in the future I will get to that level anyway. Leicester have done brilliant and I will be supporting them because I was there on loan anyway but I’m not disappointed I am not there.”

It is understood both Leicester and Chelsea are interested in the 23-year-old, who is contracted until June 2018 but has been offered a new deal.

Anyway, Chelsea are lining-up an audacious £25m bid for Burnley centre-back Michael Keane, who scored the second goal in the Monday Night against Watford, according to the Daily Mirror.

by -

Manager Antonio Conte told Chelsea’s official website he is aware of the need to bounce back as soon as possible after losing their last two Premier League games against Liverpool and Arsenal.

“I think we must have time to reflect a lot, It’s important for me and the players to reflect” Conte admitted.

“After this defeat, it’s normal for me to not sleep – not only for one night, but two. When I don’t sleep, I reflect. And it’s important to reflect.

‘I’ll watch the game again and I need to find the solution to improve very soon because we played a very bad game – the Italian manager added – When you want to win you must have a good balance when you attack and when you defend. I think this is the right way if you want to win.”

About defensive situations, Conte said: “It’s important to work together in defensive situations and in offensive situations. We must work together. We can improve a lot and it’s important to understand this and try to work together.”

Chelsea lost their last Premier League game against Arsenal at the Emirates and manager Antonio Conte showed the disappointment for the ‘bad defeat’ speaking just after the game.

“Sure, I was angry, but also my players were angry, – he confirmed today – We weren’t satisfied with our performance. But I prefer to keep my words. There are the rules in the dressing room and you must respect this.”

“It’s important to take this experience like an opportunity that if we want to come back very soon or fight for something important, it’s important to improve. We win and we lose like a team. We must continue to think in the same way always, that’s important.”

by -

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich attended the Blues’ training session and practice in Cobham, before having lunch with manager Antonio Conte yesterday, according to The Times.

The Russian businessman was said to be disappointed following Chelsea’s last two defeats against Liverpool and Arsenal, when Antonio Conte’s side conceded five goals.

Abramovich reportedly did not speak to the players after training session, anyway wanted to make his presence felt following the recent speculation over his alleged troubled relationship with the new Italian manager in charge at Stamford Bridge.

 

 

by -

Chelsea are still keeping tabs on Tottenham left-back Ben Davies as manager Antonio Conte wants to strengthen the squad when the transfer market window reopens in January, according to reports in England.

New signing Marcos Alonso reportedly needs time to adapt himself to the Premier League again and the Blues might sign the former Swansea player, who is under contract with the Spurs until 2019.

It is understood Mauricio Pochettino considers Davies a key player in the squad and will reportedly ask   around £20m if the Blues want to sign him.

by -

Atletico Madrid striker Kevin Gameiro claimed he is trying to break into Diego Pablo Simeone‘s lineup despite Colchoneros’ first choice was Chelsea striker Diego Costa.

The Frenchman declared to radio station COPE: “Simeone phoned me and told me he wanted Diego Costa, but it was very difficult and I was the other option.”

“It does not upset me, that happens in football. Now I’m in Madrid and that’s the main thing. I spoke with Simeone and everything was clear.” 

He is clear and I like that. I am very different from Diego Costa, we don’t have the same characteristics. Simeone told me that he wanted me, he was clear about that and I was as well” he ended.

by -

Chelsea are lining-up an audacious £25m bid for Burnley centre-back Michael Keane, who scored the second goal in the Monday Night against Watford yesterday, according to the Daily Mirror.

Also Leicester are said to be really keen on the 23-year-old as they tried to land him to the King Power Stadium earlier this summer.

Anyway, the Clarets reportedly drew up a new and improved deal to lure him to the club amid Chelsea’s interest in the 23-year-old, who is currently contracted at the Turf Moor until June 2018.

by -

Defender Stefan de Vrij‘s ownership is currently esteemed by Lazio around £40m, according to the Sunday People.

The 24-year-old had been heavily linked with a move to Chelsea this summer but Antonio Conte has reportedly decided to look elsewhere in search of another target following Lazio decision to raise considerably the Dutchman’s price-tag.

The Serie A side are said to be also on the verge of offering him a new contract, according to the Daily Express.

Lazio have reportedly rejected a £21m Blues’ bid to land the Dutchman to Stamford Bridge earlier this summer.

RANDOM POSTS

Good news for Chelsea as defender David Luiz was part of the first-team squad in the training session ahead of next Champions League clash against...