Tags Posts tagged with "transfer market"

transfer market

by -

Marcos Alonso can complete a return to Real Madrid next summer: the Spanish left-back, who grew up as a player in the Merengues academy, can sign again for the Spanish giants since he is one of the first name that Zinedine Zidane submitted to chairman Florentino Perez in order to revamp his squad for next season.

Alonso left Real Madrid in summer 2010, when he signed for Bolton at the age of 20: he then moved to Fiorentina, who loaned him to Sunderland for some months in 2014, and after impressing in his last two seasons in the Tuscan side signed for Chelsea in summer 2016 in a £ 25m move.

The Spaniard made an impact in this first year and half at Stamford Bridge, at the point to attract the attention of Real Madrid again, with Zidane that aims to sign him next summer to replace Marcelo, who is not performing at the same levels of the past seasons, as Don Balón reports.

 

by -
MANCHESTER, ENGLAND - DECEMBER 03: Antonio Conte, Manager of Chelsea appeals during the Premier League match between Manchester City and Chelsea at Etihad Stadium on December 3, 2016 in Manchester, England.

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte is afraid Manchester City could be unstoppable in this Premier League title race:

“I must be honest, now they are playing very well and it is very difficult to think that you can catch them,” said the Italian coach about Pep Guardiola‘s side.

“If they continue in this way it will be very difficult for every team to fight for the title. We have to try to fight until the end. For sure it won’t be easy.”

The Blues boss also took a little dig to Chelsea board regarding the transfer market:

“Man City were very strong, a very good team last season. This season they work very well in the transfer market and after this it was a team that showed to be very strong. The football is strange, it is very difficult now to predict who will win.

“I think they are having a positive path and it will be difficult for other teams.

“The reality is that Manchester City is a really dangerous team, not just England but the world. They have a fantastic team, a great manager and a great strategy, which they showed in the transfer market.

“Man City will be a great danger for this league and for the world, they can fight and win everything. They are working very well and I am worried because they are working very well.”

 

 

by -

Chelsea have joined Paris Saint Germain, Inter and Manchester United in the race for Serie A golden boy Pietro Pellegri.

The Genoa forward, only 16, is one of the new Serie A sensations, having scored already 3 goals in only 7 games with the first team ( and not always as a starter).

Genoa outlet Il Secolo XIX, claims the competition has got even stiffer as PSG have entered the race for Pellegri in the last days.

The French champions are reportedly scouting the Italian and they are preparing to swoop, even if Inter was ready to place a bid for him and another Genoa’s young talent, Eddy Salcedo ( who turned 16 last week).

Genoa, however, are hoping that Pellegri will opt to stay for at least two more years at the Rossoblu.

by -
Former Chelsea coach and player Ray Wilkins admitted that seeing Nemanja Matic moving from Stamford Bridge to Old Trafford annoyed him last summer:
“I’m annoyed he’s [Nemanja Matic] been allowed to leave Stamford Bridge,” Wilkins told Sky Sports about the Serbian signing for Manchester United.

Wilkins is also concerned about N’Golo Kante’s fitness, since the French midfielder – that made the 30-man shortlist for the Ballon d’Or– picked up an injury while on duty with France in this international break:

Kante has injured himself the other night with his thigh, we don’t know if he will be playing at the weekend.¨

The Serbian midfielder, however, has been one of José Mourinho‘s best performers in this start of the season, with United topping the table with only two points lost at Stoke City‘s stadium back in September:

“Matic for me is the best holding midfield player, one of the best in the world anyway. I’m very sad that he’s left.”

by -

Reports claim Antonio Conte was furious with Chelsea board after failing to sign Fernando Llorente on transfer market deadline day because of a derisory bid to Swansea.

In fact, it seems the Blues directors only offered £ 5m to secure the Spanish striker services, but the Swans rejected the bid and preferred to sell Llorente to Spurs, who offered £ 11.5m.

Conte was really keen to sign the 32-year-old and it’s believed he was really upset after the deal was called off.

Llorente could have been a precious substitute of Alvaro Morata, who picked up a hamstring injury against Manchester City and will probably be out for the rest of the month.

 

by -

During today’s press conference to preview the Premier League clash against Stoke City Chelsea boss Antonio Conte spoke also about Diego Costa, who is completing his move back to Atletico Madrid in these days after being AWOL all summer:

“We want to thank him for what he did with this club, we wish him all the best for the future,” Conte said in a diplomatic way.

When he was asked if the relationship with the Spanish striker was really broken, he continued:

“I’m not interested to continue speaking about this issue, it’s not important, I’m very happy to work with these players.”

Diego Costa won the title with Conte and Chelsea last season, a trophy he won also three seasons ago with Mourinho at the same club, speaking about Costa’s contribution to latest Blues’ trophies, the Italian manager said:

“In this moment I’m not interested to talk about the past, it’s not important, the past stay there, if you did well in the past is ok, I think we have to think for the future of this club.”

“Don’t forget that we won together last season, for sure we want to thank him for his effort with Chelsea, not only last season but all the period at Chelsea.”

Asked if now there will be more chance for Michy Batshuayi, who was Diego Costa’s substitute last season, Conte said:

“He’s one of the players in our squad and last season he didn’t play a lot but he worked very hard, now he is more prepared to face this season and he will have the right chance.”

by -

Chelsea just announced an agreement with Atletico Madrid for the transfer of Diego Costa was agreed today.

The Blues published a short note on their official website:

Chelsea Football Club has today agreed terms with Atletico Madrid for the transfer of Diego Costa.

The transfer will be subject to the agreement of personal terms and a medical.

The Brazilian-born striker will finally return to the Spanish club, a move that he desperately wanted all summer long, where he was even AWOL after falling out with Chelsea boss Antonio Conte in June.

Costa won’t be able to play in official games until January 2018, after Atletico’s transfer ban will end in December 2017.

The fee is undisclosed, but it’s believed to be in the region of £40/50m.

by -

Speaking to the Daily Mail in an exclusive interview Alvaro Morata revealed that his first days at Chelsea weren’t easy, since he felt a lot of responsibility after being the most expensive signing in the Blues history:

“When I first came, I felt a lot of pressure,” the forward who replaced Diego Costa claimed.

“The price tag is a big deal. I missed an important penalty in the Community Shield. I knew straight away I would need to grit my teeth and that there would be a load of criticism. It only made me more determined to prove any critics wrong and work harder than ever before.

“It’s hard as a striker. It’s cut and dried. Your job is to put the ball in the back of the net. OK, we like to say how a striker creates space and influences matches in other ways, but let’s not pretend: at the end of the season, the best striker everyone talks about is the top scorer.

“In that period, where I couldn’t score, you start driving yourself mad. It goes through your head constantly: ‘I need a goal, I need a goal.’

“The more you think, the harder it gets. Goals flow when you play with a smile and don’t think too much.”

by -

New Chelsea signing Alvaro Morata reveals the real reason he signed for the Blues and it’s all about the boss, Antonio Conte:

“Yes. I had various offers this summer, not only Chelsea and Manchester United but also from different leagues,” the Spanish striker told the Daily Mail.

“It was a good situation for me. The most important and best conversation I had was with Conte, he wanted me to come here. At the start of the summer, I didn’t know that Chelsea were interested in me. I thought they were in for a different player.”

“But I spoke with Conte several times and not only this summer. I felt in debt to him. He signed me for Juventus but left very quickly to manage Italy. I always wanted to play for him after that. It was only two months with him but it felt like I’d known him forever. When I knew he wanted me this summer, I didn’t think twice. I did everything I could to make the move happen.”

The Spain international returned to Real Madrid in summer 2016 after spending two years at Juventus but he already knew that his time at the club where he grew up as a players wouldn’t be so long:

“Last summer it was close. Cesar Azpilicueta was a bit annoyed because he had already started house-hunting for me last summer. We’d even got estate agents on board. This time Cesar has sorted everything!”

“When I spoke to Conte last summer, I said “If I’m going to leave Real Madrid, it will only be for Chelsea”. I remember I was with my wife after hearing him out conversation and I said “Chelsea are going to win the league this season.” And that’s exactly what happened. Now we need to repeat it!”

by -

Belgian full-back Thomas Meunier would like to play also at PSG with one of his team-mates in the Belgium national team:

“He’s very strong, Courtois. He wouldn’t be bad at PSG,” – Meunier told Le Parisien. – “We’ve already got two good goalkeepers but Thibaut also has the profile, I think. He’s very big – nearly two metres tall.” 

 

RANDOM POSTS

Ahead of tomorrow's Premier League game between Chelsea and Liverpool many are focusing their attention on Salah who has already netted 14 goals this season and is also a former Blues...