Tags Posts tagged with "TransferMarket"

TransferMarket

by -

Chelsea striker Diego Costa had been heavily linked with a return to his former side Atletico Madrid this summer and Los Colchoneros‘ head coach Diego Pablo Simeone has confirmed their interest in the 27-year-old.

Kevin Gameiro joined Atletico Madrid from Sevilla on a £28m move plus add-ons and Simeone admitted Spanish TV channel Movistar+: “He was our second choice,” 

“We were always very clear with Gameiro, always. When I spoke to him over the phone…Yes, the club worked on the possibility that Diego Costa would come back, but then those possibilities didn’t progress.”

“I told him that we’d sought the position of being able to count on Costa but that out of the alternatives I’d given the club, I bet on him entirely and that we wanted him to be the forward to join us this season.”

by -

Juventus CEO Giuseppe Marotta has revealed Chelsea winger Juan Manuel Cuadrado is edging closer to moving back to the Serie A side, where he spent last season on loan featuring 40 times under Massimiliano Allegri.

“Cuadrado is a player welcomed for various reasons – he told La Gazzetta dello Sport - With us, he behaved well, our experience with him was extremely positive. It’s a question that will be resolved in the next couple of days max”.

“For now, he’s at Chelsea. If the club is open to it, well, we’ll start talking. A loan? I’d say yes, we’ll see.”

His agent Alessandro Lucci is reportedly traveling to London in order to seal an agreement with the Blues on a season-long £3.5m loan with an option to buy.

Anyway, new Chelsea manager Antonio Conte is said to be a huge fan of the 28-year-old and claimed last week: “He will come back very soon and train and play with us. He’s a Chelsea player and he’ll stay with us,” 

 

by -

Crystal Palace are lining up a move to land Chelsea striker Loic Remy to Selhurst Park, according to the London Evening Standard.

The 29-year-old has struggled to break into Antonio Conte‘s starting XI during the whole pre-season tour in Austria and United States, then he is expected to be willing to move away from Stamford Bridge.

The France international might be offered to Everton in Romelu Lukaku‘s deal, but the Toffees seem to be more focused on Manchester City star Wilfried Bony.

Former QPR and Olympique Marseille player has been heavily linked also with a move to Olympique Lyon, but the Eagles are reportedly leading the race to sign him.

 

by -

Chelsea top target Riyad Mahrez has put the pen to paper on a new four-year contract extension with Leicester City, the Claudio Ranieri‘s side have just announced the deal.

SkySports believes there’s no buy-out clause included in his new contract.

by -

Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane has praised Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas, who has been heavily linked with a move to the Santiago Bernabeu in these days.

“We are going to wait for the 31st of August. I don’t think we will be bringing players in. The squad is complete, but anything can happen. I am happy with the squad, with the players we have and that is that.”

The 44-year-old added: “If you want to put another central midfielder into the mix then it becomes complicated. Fabregas is a great player but it is not very straightforward. I am going to end up with a squad where three or four players do not get selected. To therefore put another player in there makes it difficult.”

Cesc Fabregas’s agent has reportedly offered him to Real Madrid, according to Sport.

by -

Former Chelsea defender Ricardo Carvalho attended the Monday night’s clash against West Ham returning to the Stamford Bridge after playing for the Blues from 2004 to 2010.

The 38-year-old, who has been just released from French side Monaco, told Chelsea TV: “After the Euros I am taking my time to think about my career. I am so happy with what I did and the teams I played for, so you have to think about the right moment to finish and I am thinking about it,”

“Maybe in one week I will decide, I will take one more week, and of course I have to listen to my body. It’s a difficult one because I want to play, I want to train, but you have to be prepared.”

The recently crowned European Champion with Portugal won 3 Premier League titles with Chelsea during his great experience under Josè MourinhoAvraham GrantFelipe Scolari and Carlo Ancelotti.

carvalho

“I left the club already six years ago, and they still remember me. I am so proud I played here for Chelsea. There are great memories I got from those years, and for my family too. They will always be special for me.”

About the home win, he ended: “I think it was a difficult one, the first one also, and it’s always important to win it, to start well and overall I think we deserved to win it,”

“We had more chances to score, they scored from a corner – in the Premier League small details like that make a big difference, and of course to win it you need a bit of luck and Diego had a little bit in the end, but more than that he believed he could win the game.”

by -

Chelsea are keeping tabs on Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly and have placed a official £43m bid to land the Senegalese international to Stamford Bridge, according to Il Messagero.

The 25-year-old has started following two Chelsea players on Twitter: Nathaniel Chalobah, that was a team-mate of his last season at Napoli, and Kurt Zouma.

However, according to reports in Italy, Koulibaly has already handed in a transfer request in order to move the Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte, when asked about the transfer market, confirmed: “There are two weeks and we’ll pay attention, if we find the right solution that’s fine.”

by -

Chelsea defender Gary Cahill spoke about the pre-season that the squad underwent under new manager Antonio Conte in Austria and US this summer: “Pre-season is always hard but this was one of the hardest I have experienced in the last few years – definitely in terms of fitness,”

“We did a lot of running and intensive endurance work.”

The 30-year-old added: “I feel it has been only good for the body and got us in the condition you have to be in to play in the Premier League”.

by -

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has made Koln left-back Jonas Hector a top target to strengthen the Blues’ defense and are set to launch a £20m bid, according to the Daily Mirror.

The 26-year-old has just put the pen to paper on a new contract with the Bundesliga side but is expected to be willing to consider a move to the Stamford Bridge should Chelsea place a bid to sign him this summer.

Hector has been heavily linked with a move to Liverpool earlier this summer, but Jurgen Klopp has reportedly decided to keep Alberto Moreno.

by -

Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas is not keen on a move away from Stamford Bridge and wants to be focused just on playing for the Blues, according to SkySports.

The 29-year-old has been heavily and repeatedly linked with a move to Real Madrid and Juventus, but he has reportedly decided to commit his future to Chelsea despite he was unused substitute against West Ham yesterday night.

Cesc Fabregas’s agent has reportedly offered him to Real Madrid, according to Sport.

RANDOM POSTS

Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas speaking after the defeat to Arsenal in the FA Cup final has confirmed he wants to fight for the Blues. "With the...