Let’s analyse the situation in GROUP G, the one of Chelsea, to understand how the three teams ( Chelsea, Porto and Dynamo Kiev) that can still get a pass for Last 16 can qualify.
The current table is:
Dynamo Kiev 8
Maccabi Tel Aviv 0
- The three top teams are sure to stay in the European competitions, but they don’t know which one ( we remind the third classified of each group go to Europa League Last 32)
- The winner of Chelsea v Porto wins the group. Porto beat Chelsea 2-1 on matchday two so will top the group with a draw should Dynamo not win.
- Chelsea will be through in second place with a draw.
- Dynamo will be through with a win; if the other game is drawn, the three teams will be split on goal difference in matches between the three teams, meaning Dynamo would finish first, Chelsea second and Porto third.
- Maccabi are out of Europe.