Chelsea face Liverpool at Stamford Bridge this evening (kick-off 5.30PM) as the Blues will try to extend their unbeaten run and get the upper hand against the Reds once more following a comeback win in the Carabao Cup on Wednesday.
- Speaking about Virgil van Dijk, Jurgen Klopp has recently confirmed: “We have to wait, he didn’t train with the team so far. If Virgil is fit, he plays. If not, then obviously we have options.” However, the Dutch defender wrote on social media yesterday: “Focused and looking forward to another big game tomorrow at Stamford Bridge”.
- Trent Alexander-Arnold and Georginio Wijnaldum are expected to be selected for the clash after recovering from minor injuries, as Klopp himself confirmed at a press conference.
- German defender Antonio Rudiger remains a concern, as Maurizio Sarri confirmed “there is the possibility to recover” him despite he “had the training with the team only in the second part.”
- Andreas Christensen is expected to be fit as “he only had a stomach ache during the match” against Liverpool in the Carabao Cup last wednesday.
- Also Pedro and Ruben Lofttus-Cheek joined Rudiger and the whole team in the second part of yesterday’s training session and their fitness remain doubtful.
CHELSEA – Kepa; Azpilicueta, Cahill, David Luiz, Marcos Alonso, Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Willian, Giroud, Hazard
LIVERPOOL – Alisson, Alexander Arnold, Gomez, van Dijk (Lovren), Robertson, Milner, Keita, Wijnaldum, Salah, Firmino, Mane