Chelsea will be looking to avoid a second defeat to Manchester City this season as they face the Citizens in the firth round of the FA Cup at Stamford Bridge on Sunday (16:00 GMT KO).
The Blues comfortably overcame League 1 Scunthorpe United 2-0 in the third round, before a professional 1-5 victory over Championship strugglers MK Dons in the fourth round.
City haven’t conceded a goal in the FA Cup this season, having overcome Premier League strugglers Norwich in the third round and Aston Villa in the fourth 0-3 and 0-4 respectively.
Earlier this season, Manuel Pellegrini’s side cruised to a 3-0 victory over the Blues at the Etihad, with the visitors then managed by Jose Mourinho.
Last six games:
Chelsea: WWDDWL (includes one FA Cup game and one Champions League game).
Man City: DWWWLL (includes one League Cup game and one FA Cup game).
– Chelsea captain John Terry will miss out due to a hamstring injury picked up against Newcastle United last weekend.
– Oscar may feature after returning from a calf injury.
– Alexandre Pato is still short of match fitness.
– City are set to rest several senior players after Manuel Pellegrini said that Europe was the club’s main priority.
– As a result, several young players could feature.
– Bacary Sagna may return from a knee injury having resumed training.
– Chelsea have only lost once in the last 17 meetings with City at Stamford Bridge.
– They have also lost only one of their last 29 FA Cup ties at home.
– Guus Hiddink has won all five of his FA Cup matches in charge of Chelsea.
– However, City have not lost an away tie in the FA Cup for six years.
Starting XI last time out in the FA Cup:
Chelsea (away vs. MK Dons, won 1-5): Courtois, Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Baba, Fabregas, Matic, Loftus-Cheek, Oscar, Hazard, Diego Costa.
Manchester City (away vs. Aston Villa, won 0-4): Caballero, Zabaleta, Sagna, Otamendi, Clichy, Fernandinho, Fernando, Delph, Navas, Iheanacho, Sterling.