Guus Hiddink will be looking to recover from his first defeat in his second spell as Chelsea boss as the Blues face Manchester City at Stamford Bridge on Saturday (17:30 GMT KO).
Gylfi Sigurdsson’s 25th minute strike was enough to hand Chelsea their first defeat in 14 games at the Liberty Stadium last weekend, and they now come up against a City side who are unbeaten in their last four in all competitions.
Manuel Pellegrini’s side currently sit fourth, and although all but out of the title race they qualified for the Champions League semi-finals for the first time in their history earlier this week.
In the reverse fixture on what was just the second week of the season, Chelsea slumped to a comprehensive 0-3 defeat at the Etihad thanks to goals from Sergio Aguero, Vincent Kompany and Fernandinho, before Chelsea easily overcame City 5-1 in the FA Cup at Stamford Bridge.
Last six games:
Chelsea: DLLDWL (includes one FA Cup game and one Champions League game).
Manchester City: DLWDWW (includes three Champions League games).
– Diego Costa is available after serving a three match suspension.
– John Terry, Eden Hazard and Loic Remy all remain out.
– Nemanja Matic and Gary Cahill have returned to fitness but it is unclear whether they will be involved on Saturday.
– Vincent Kompany is likely to miss out with a calf injury.
– Raheem Sterling has recovered from a groin injury, but despite returning to training it may be too soon for his return.
– Chelsea have lost just one of their last 17 meetings with Manchester City at Stamford Bridge (W11, D5).
– The Blues have never lost at home in the league during Hiddink’s two spells in charge (W6, D7).
– This is the longest run of home games without a clean sheet endured by Chelsea in the Premier League(nine).
– Manuel Pellegrini’s side have lost just one of their last seven Premier League away matches (W3, D3, L1).
– Sergio Aguero has scored 11 Premier League goals since the turn of the year – the highest total in the league.
– City have conceded just two goals in their last five league games.
Starting XI last time out in the Premier League:
Chelsea (away vs. Swansea City, lost 1-0): Begovic, Baba, Ivanovic, Miazga, Azpilicueta, Mikel, Fabregas, Oscar, Loftus Cheek, Pedro, Pato.
Manchester City (home vs. West Brom, won 2-1): Hart, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Mangala, Kolarov, Navas, Fernando, Delph, Nasri, Bony, Aguero.