Chelsea are looking to overturn the deficit inflicted in the first leg as they face Paris Saint Germain at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday in the round of 16 second leg.
The Blues were beaten 2-1 in Paris last month, with Edinson Cavani’s strike cancelling out Jon Obi Mikel’s equaliser following Zlatan Ibrahmovic’s opener.
Guus Hiddink’s men are currently unbeaten in their last 13 Premier League games, whilst Laurent Blanc’s side sit a whopping 23 points ahead of second-place Monaco at the top of Ligue 1, needing just four points to win the league with nine games remaining.
Last six games:
Chelsea: DWLWWD (includes one FA Cup game and one Champions League game).
Paris Saint Germain: DWWLWD (includes one French Cup game and one Champions League game).
– John Terry remains out with a hamstring injury.
– Diego Costa is fit to play after missing Saturday’s draw with Stoke due to a tendon issue.
– Blanc is sweating over the fitness of Marco Verratti, who has a slight groin injury.
– Chelsea have reached the the quarter-finals eight times in the last 13 seasons.
– They have also scored in each their past 22 Champions League home games.
– PSG have the best defensive record in this season’s Champions League (two goals conceded in seven games).
– Blanc’s side haven’t conceded a goal in the second half of a Champions League game this season.
– Chelsea and PSG meet in the knockout stages of the Champions League for the third consecutive season; Chelsea won in 2013-14 and PSG in 2014-15.
Starting XI last time out in the Champions League:
Chelsea (away vs. Paris Saint Germain, lost 2-1): Courtois, Baba, Ivanovic, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Mikel, Willian, Fabregas, Hazard, Pedro, Costa.
Paris Saint Germain (home vs. Chelsea, won 2-1): Trapp, Marquinhos, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Maxwell, Verratti, Motta, Matuidi, Di Maria, Ibrahimovic, Lucas Moura