Guus Hiddink will look to go into Chelsea’s midweek Champions League tie on the back of three domestic points as the Blues take on Stoke City at Stamford Bridge on Saturday (15:00 GMT KO).
The Blues have won their last four Premier League games but have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last six games in all competitions.
The Potters sit in seventh, three points and three places above Chelsea, having won their last three.
Earlier this season at the Britannia Stadium, Chelsea suffered a third successive Premier League loss for the first time in 16 years as Marko Arnautovic’s volley early in the second half was enough to defeat the visitors, who were without boss Jose Mourinho thanks to a stadium ban.
Last six games:
Chelsea: DDWLWW (includes one FA Cup game and one Champions League game).
Stoke City: LLLWWW
– Chelsea are monitoring the fitness of Kenedy, who picked up a minor groin injury at Norwich on Tuesday.
– The Blues will also assess John Terry and Pedro, who both have hamstring problems.
– Stoke defender Phil Bardsley is out with a calf injury.
– Fellow defender Geoff Cameron is doubtful with a sore ankle.
– Stoke haven’t won an away league game against Chelsea for 42 years.
– However, the Blues have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last seven home league games.
– Guus Hiddink would become the first manager to start a spell in charge with a 12-match unbeaten run in the Premier League. should Chelsea avoid defeat.
– Diego Costa has scored or set up 12 goals in his last 10 Premier League appearances (eight goals, four assists).
– The Potters have won just one of their last 14 Premier League games in London (D5, L8).
– But, Stoke have lost their last nine league and cup games at Chelsea.
Starting XI last time out in the Premier League:
Chelsea (away vs. Norwich City, won 1-2): Courtois, Kenedy, Ivanovic, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Matic, Traore, Fabregas, Hazard, Oscar, Costa.
Stoke City (home vs. Newcastle United, won 1-0): Butland, Bardsley, Cameron, Wollscheid, Pieters, Whelan, Imbula, Shaqiri, Affelay, Arnautovic, Walters.