This evening at The King Power Stadium top-of-the-table Chelsea will face a resurgent Leicester side, who are out of the relegation zone after their on Sunday against Burnley – their fourth straight win.
Chelsea are looking for a win to make a big step towards winning the Premier League title – a win would put them just three point away from it. On the hand, Leicester are fighting bravely in the relegation dogfight, but they are only one point ahead of 18th placed Sunderland.
The PFA Player of the Year Eden Hazard will be in the starting line-up as usual this season, and Diego Costa might join him if Blues boss Jose Mourinho decides to risk him.
The Special One said: “I’m not surprised they [Leicester] are out of the relegation zone and I will not be surprised when they keep in the division. They are playing well and the results are coming. We are never complacent, we know that they are a good team and they are a difficult opponent.”
– Nigel Pearson is sweating on the fitness of strikers David Nugent and Jamie Vardy, as well as defender Jeff Schlupp.
– Zoumana Bakayogo will not be involved due to a knee injury.
– Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has said he will make a decision on Diego Costa
– Oscar could be missing after his collision with David Ospina in Sunday’s draw at the Emirates. Striker Loic Remy (calf) is definitely out.
– Chelsea have won their last seven league and cup games against Leicester, scoring a total of 22 goals
– Last Saturday was the first time the Foxes have won four consecutive top-flight games in a season since the 1966/67 season.
– Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 13 top-flight matches (W9, D4).
– Under Jose Mourinho, the Blues have kept clean sheets in 103 of 191 league games (54%).
– Diego Costa has scored as many Premier League goals (19) in 24 appearances as City’s forwards Dave Nugent (5), Leonardo Ulloa (8), Jamie Vardy (4), Andrej Kramaric (1) and Chris Wood (1) have in 106.
Last time out in the Premier League:
Leicester City (Away vs. Burnley, won 0-1):
Courtois, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (C), Azpilicueta, Matic, Fàbregas, Willian, Ramires, Hazard, Oscar