Chelsea will look to continue their defence of the League Cup as they face Stoke in the fourth round at the Britannia Stadium (19:45 GMT KO).
The Blues, who won only three of their 10 games this season – their second-ever worst start to a season.
Slaven Bilic’s side however have made their best start to a Premier League campaign in 17 years – they sit fourth and have been in impressive form this year, having beaten Manchester City, Arsenal and Liverpool thus far.
Jose Mourinho’s side took four points off the Hammers last season, who were then managed by Sam Allardyce. Chelsea drew 0-0 at home, before winning the away fixture 0-1 last March.
Last six games:
Stoke City: DWWWWL (includes one League Cup game).
Chelsea: DLLWDL (includes two Champions League games and one League Cup game).
– Chelsea continue to be without injured trio Loic Remy, Pedro and Branislav Ivanovic.
– Thibaut Courtois is still out.
– Nemanja Matic is suspended following his red card against West Ham last weekend.
– Stoke defender Ryan Shawcross is set to make his first start to the season.
– Bojan (toe) and Marc Muniesa (thigh) are both doubts.
– Striker Mame Biram Diouf could return after compassionate leave.
Starting XI last time out in the League Cup:
Stoke (away vs. Fulham, won 0-1): Given, Bardsley, Wollscheid, Wilson, Pieters, Sidwell, Cameron, Odemwingie, Ireland, Affelay, Crouch.
Chelsea (away vs. Walsall, won 1-4): Begovic, Ivanovic, Cahill, Zouma, Azpilicueta, Ramires, Mikel, Willian, Pedro, Fabregas, Costa.